Paws for your Cause
VetShopOnline.com will donate $1 from every sale in June to 3 lucky US animal charities; who receive the most votes on our Paws for your Cause Facebook Poll*.
How to get Involved
Become our facebook friend and post your charity nomination to our wall between May 7th -27th, 2012.
View our Paws for your Cause Picks Photo to see if your charity was shortlisted from May 28th.
Like our VetShopOnline.com facebook page so you can vote and monitor the Paws for your Cause Poll when it opens on May 28th, 2012.
Help your charity by sharing a link to our poll and getting your friends to vote.
Visit the VetShopOnline.com website during June and make a purchase to automatically put $1 from the sale towards the Pending Paws Donation.
The top three voted charities will receive a portion of the winning donation which will be announced after the closing date of the promotion, July 1st, via the VetShopOnline.com facebook page and VetShopLab Blog.
*Subject to eligibility criteria and approval from our charity committee. Read the full terms and conditions below. Maximum donation capped at USD$6,000 in cash and products.
Terms and Conditions
By participating in this promotion, you agree that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions outlined below:
- Participation in this promotion is free of charge.
- Participation is open to residents of the USA only.
- Charity suggestions must be posted to VetShopOnline.com’s facebook wall. No other forms of submission will be accepted.
- To submit your suggestion on facebook you must (a) ‘Like’ VetShopOnline.com’s Profile Page (b) become VetShopOnline.com’s facebook friend.
- Suggestions must include the full and correct name of a charity whose cause relates to animals.
- Suggestions should be posted to VetShopOnline.com’s facebook wall with reference to the Paws for your Cause promotion, to minimise confusion with other fan posts, for example; “I think the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals should be added to the Paws for your Cause Poll.”
- The charity must be primarily based in the USA.
- The charity must be legitimate and genuine.
- VetShopOnline.com’s charity committee reserves the right to decide what suggested charities make the official shortlist, at their discretion and no discussion with third parties will be entered into.
- Only charities with their own official and legitimate facebook page will be shortlisted and added to the poll.
- The official shortlisted nominees will be tagged in the Paws for your Cause Picks Photo and/or albums.
- Charities not officially shortlisted by VetShopOnline.com’s charity committee, that are tagged or added to the Paws for your Cause Picks Photo and/or poll by non-committee members are ineligible for the promotion donation and will be removed.
- VetShopOnline.com reserves the right to reject submissions that do not conform to these official rules; do not comply with US legal requirements or do not meet VetShopOnline.com’s technical or editorial specifications or for any other reason as VetShopOnline.com sees fit.
- Visit VetShopOnline.com’s facebook page often to see if your suggested charity has made VetShopOnline.com’s shortlist, monitor the poll, get your friends voting or make a purchase to automatically put $1 from the sale towards the donation!
- The promotion starts on May 7th, 2012; the poll closes midnight July 1st, 2012.
- Charity Poll winners will be announced on our website, on our blog and on our Facebook page in July, 2012 and will be contacted thereafter.
- Winning charities will be contacted in July, 2012 and donations made thereafter.
- The total donation to be divided amongst the three charity poll winners will be capped at USD$6,000 in cash and products.
- It is at VetShopOnline.com’s discretion to determine the appropriate division of the donation total between the three winning charities.
- Winners will receive half the value of their donation in cash and half in product value.
- The donation is non transferable, exchangeable and may not be converted to a full cash or full stock donation.
- The products donated will be merchandise from VetShopOnline.com.
- It is at VetShopOnline.com’s discretion to choose the products for donation or to enter into discussion with the winning charities to determine the most appropriate stock.
- In the event that VetShopOnline.com is unable to provide a donation as described for reasons outside its control, VetShopOnline.com may at its absolute discretion, substitute some other item or items of equivalent or greater retail value.
- If there is any event that prevents or hinders VetShopOnline.com from conducting the promotion or its ability to deliver the donation to the charity poll winners, VetShopOnline.com may, at its discretion, cancel the competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
- VetShopOnline.com is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, posted by charities or participating entities on its facebook page for the duration of the promotion; or for any technical error experienced by utilising its facebook page as a platform for the promotion.
- VetShopOnline.com assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of charity suggestions, the official shortlist or poll entries or votes.
- To the full extent permitted by the law, VetShopOnline.com will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or inconsequential) to persons, charity or property as a result of any person/ charity participating in this promotion or accepting any donation, including without limitation, non-receipt of any donation or damage to any donation in transit.